NUMBERS ARE PEOPLE COCK-UP BEFORE CONSPIRACY • CITE PRIMARY SOURCES OR GO HOME


Tuesday 23 March 2010

STOP PRESS - MALOLCIOUS FORCES EPIC FAIL

Once again: who are the evil specuLOLtors pushing up CDS prices?
George MUPPET Romaios blamed "the Anglo-Saxons". The Great Statesman, Pagkalos, (admire him here) blamed German banks. Everyone and their dog blamed Goldman, including people who couldn't get the bank's name right.

Of course, it should have been known all along that the CDS market was being moved by buyers of CDS, not bond shorts. We also know that the major players, buyers or sellers, in the market for Greek sovereign debt CDS were, and always will be, Greek banks.

What we didn't know what just how explicitly this was done. Well it turns out the sleepy but state controlled Ταχυδρομικό Ταμιευτήριο (Postal Bank of Greece) apparently controlled 15% of the entire Greek CDS market just before selling the lot after being ordered to when the new government took over. They made a hefty profit out of the deal too!

The original article here and reported abroad here.

Who profited from this? Oddly enough, the Greek state.

Well done assholes.

2 comments:

  1. I like the new catchphrase, but I wonder if the ethnic "bravo malakes" might be more appropriate to the overall ethos of the blog. It does sound slightly more uncouth (slightly less couth?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will seriously consider this. Oddly enough, when you feed this post into Google Translate that is the only phrase that gets interpreted correctly - as "Μπράβο μαλάκες!"

    ReplyDelete

Please remember that I am not notified of any comments and will not respond via comments.

Try to keep your criticism constructive and if you don't like something, do tell me how to fix it. If I use any of your suggestions, you will be duly credited.

Although I'm happy to entertain criticism of myself in the comments section, I will not tolerate hate speech. You will be given a written warning and after that I will delete further offending comments.

I will also delete any comments that are clearly randomly generated by third parties for their own promotion.

Occasionally, your comments may land in the spam box, which may cause them to appear with a slight delay as I have to approve them myself.

Thanks in advance for your kind words... and your trolling, if you are so inclined.